Feel balanced, stable, and grounded.
“Before receiving chiropractic care at Whole Family Chiropractic I was super dizzy and exhausted and frustrated and felt like I was on my own figuring out my chronic health mess, I had a slew of 50 symptoms and growing, not fun to say the least…
I haven’t been regularly dizzy in weeks! Unless you have experienced dizziness, I don’t know if you can imagine how AMAZING it is to feel grounded. I can sleep in many positions now, and have a much easier time falling and staying asleep! My neck pain has significantly decreased, I don’t have to do neck stretches 3x a day just to get through the pain. Other symptoms have also decreased, I am especially focused on gut health and food sensitivities. I feel like my body is much more receptive to all my lifestyle changes and other health care treatments. I look forward to continuing to get even healthier.
The most special part of your care at Whole Family Chiropractic is at every appointment Dr. Tye and Dr. Chelsey follow-up with me about something I mentioned to them the week before, I know that they really care and are paying attention to my journey. I was pleasantly surprised and grateful when there was a meeting set-up to discuss general health strategies, this is truly unique and something I’ve been looking for. They also take time to hear and answer my questions as best they can. Instead of shaming me for my interest in continuing research about what’s going on with me, they congratulate me and offer resources and support of their own!
Whole Family Chiropractic is different because it’s a holistic office, yet the practice is focused and clear. The practitioners are very knowledgeable and supportive of a diversity of clients and methods of healing. I whole-heartedly recommend this office above most other offices, I have tried so many different techniques and doctors, thus far, nothing has worked for me as well as WFC.”
If you’re experiencing dizziness or vertigo we want to help it go away.
We know how scary it can be to one day lose your sense of balance or suddenly feel like the world is spinning around you. When you don’t know what’s causing it or why it started, it’s especially frightening. All you want is to feel stable again!
We find that there are two main reasons for dizziness and vertigo:
- The crystals in the ear (called canaliths) are out of place.
- This often leads to the symptoms of BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). In this case we recommend seeing someone who does the Epley maneuver (or repositioning maneuver) to help them go back into place. Someone such as a general practitioner or a physical therapist is often trained to do this (we do not do this maneuver at Whole Family Chiropractic).
- If you find that you are experiencing repeated episodes of BPPV, then we recommend we do an evaluation to see why the problem is recurring.
- There is a problem with the nervous system (e.g. vestibular migraines, Meniere’s disease, peripheral vertigo (other than BPPV), central vertigo).
- This is what we help with at Whole Family Chiropractic. In order for the brain to feel stable and balanced it needs healthy and accurate input from the body. This allows the brain to know where the body is in space, which allows it to move easily while feeling stable. The brain gets this information from the joints and small muscles, as well as the vestibular system.
- If the brain is receiving too little information or the wrong information, it can cause the symptoms of dizziness or vertigo (the most common area affected is the upper neck). In this case, we help by making sure the body is sending the correct information to the brain. Once the brain receives this, it can tell the muscles how to once again keep you feeling balanced and stable.
We know how much quality of life is affected when you’re feeling dizzy and unstable. Contact us for a safe, gentle evaluation of your nervous system to see if we can help.